What Is the Best Rebounder You Can Buy After 2015?
There are a lot of different types of rebounders. Some companies offer an entire series of models to pick from, and all of them will provide the same basic bouncing function. With similar features and function, it can be difficult to choose between models.
MaXimus Pro Gym Rebounder Package
Our favorite for 2017
Stamina 38-Inch Intone Plus Rebounder
A great value option
Needak Mini-Trampoline Rebounder
A great non-folding soft-bounce rebounder
Rebounders are simple and complex at the same time. While the design of a rebounder is simple, the smallest feature change can make a huge difference in your exercise. A few of the many things that should be compared when looking at all of these models are:
- Diameter: The diameter of the mat does make a big difference. A 40” diameter is the standard size found in gyms and fitness centers, and this is something to consider if you want to mimic the feel of a rebounder found in the gym. Stamina’s 38” model (the one mentioned first) offers a 38” diameter, which doesn’t make much of a difference. But you don’t want to go too far below 36”.
- Handlebars: There are models that come with a handlebar or stability bar for added stability and balance. These bars will allow you to be able to get accustomed to your exercises with a lower risk of injury from falls.
- Extras: If you’re new to rebounding and don’t want to buy all of the little extras that can make your experience even better, look for a model that bundles together extras for you. There are models with monitors, handlebars and even resistance bands, which can help increase the effectiveness of your workout session.
Our Rebounders Reviews Top Picks
Stamina 38-Inch Intone Plus Rebounder – Stamina offers a 38” diameter rebounder that is ideal for indoor and outdoor use and is packed with features. This model comes with a heavy-duty rebounding surface, and there are two resistance tubes that are included to help everyone get started on their road to fitness.
A multi-function monitor is included and displays: total jumps, calories burned, jumps per minute and workout time.
The frame is made from steel, and an optic blue border keeps users safe while they bounce. A safety pad is included, too, to reduce the risk of injury.
This is a great rebounder for anyone who wants a complete package so that they can begin exercising immediately.
MaXimus Pro Gym Rebounder Package – The MaXimus Pro is a high-end model that can hold users up to 130kg (285 pounds) in weight. This model offers a low impact workout, and the large spring system is robust and durable. MaXimus states that this is the rebounder of choice for many athletes.
A stability bar is included, which allows for a lower risk of falling and injury.
This rebounder has a 40” diameter, which is the standard size found in gyms and fitness centers. The quality of this model is very solid, and there is a long-lasting warranty on all of the components to provide peace of mind when purchasing.
For frequent rebounders, this is a great model.
Needak Mini-Trampoline Rebounder-R02 – Spanning 40” in diameter, the R02 utilizes heavy-gauge American steel and uses solid steel pins on the platform for added durability. Lead-free, the matt is coated with a black or blue finish. Speaking of the mat, it’s created using industrial grade polypropylene to ensure that it’s of the highest quality.
A total of 36 springs are included to provide a superb bound.
Six steel legs keep the platform sturdy and steady when jumping. When purchasing this model, there are DVD exercises included to help you get started. There is an immune system DVD, too to help you maximize the health benefits of your rebounder.
Needak Rebounder Platinum Edition – The Platinum Edition is a high-end rebounder that is considered one of the best in the industry. This model’s solid steel platform is backed by a 5-year warranty, and its diameter is 40”. Industrial-grade polypropylene is included in the mat’s design to ensure longevity of the mat.
High grade music wire is used in the 36 springs that allow for a powerful bounce.
There are six steel tube legs attached to the frame. All of the legs can be removed via a spring to allow them to fold up for easy storage and transport. Serious users will find that this is the right rebounder for them – it’s meant to last years without breaking.
Needak R01 Rebounder Soft Bounce – When doing rebounder exercises, it’s important that you look at durability. The entire lineup from Needak provides exceptional quality with industrial-strength materials used in many of their rebounder models.
Designed for personal and commercial use, this model has a lifetime warranty on the frame.
Soft-bounce design has been incorporated into the construction of the R01. This design allows for the springs to absorb 85% of the impact from each jump, allowing for less stress on the joints when exercising.
The company includes a free DVD that shows you how to exercise properly on the R01, and the same immune system DVD is included as previously mentioned. This rebounder is 40” in diameter and 10” from the ground.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Rebounder for You
The rebounder for you depends on a lot of factors. Your experience level and usage demands will mean a lot, too. If you’re an avid user, you’ll want to choose a model that is up to the task. Commercial-grade materials will be able to provide the longevity needed for extensive usage.
When trying to choose the right rebounder for you, a few of the things to consider are:
- Size: Not only do you have to consider the diameter, as mentioned earlier, you’ll also need to consider the size of the room and storage options. Keeping a 40” rebounder in the middle of the room will take up a lot of space. Some models can have their legs folded so that can be placed against the wall or in a closest with relative ease.
- Warranty: if you’re buying a low-priced model, keep a close eye on the warranty offered. Oftentimes, units can break due to springs breaking over time. If you want to protect your investment, you’ll want to keep a close eye on the warranty because some are 6 months and some 5+ years.
- Absorption: Shock absorption is a great feature that often goes overlooked. The one model on our list offers a soft bounce, which is able to absorb 85% of the impact when bouncing. This is better on the joints and ideal for older users where joint pain can be a major factor in the buying process.
Rebounders can provide a great, fun way to exercise. The right rebounder will be affordable, durable and provide you with limitless potential to increase your fitness level.