Let Us Help You Find the Best Basketball Socks On the Market
When you hit the court to play basketball, you need the right equipment. But unlike most other sports, there really isn’t a whole lot of “equipment” basketball players need. Comfortable clothing, a good pair of shoes and a good pair of socks are probably the key important things.
Nike Dri-FIT Elite Crew Basketball Socks
Our favorite for 2017
Nike Elite Basketball Crew Socks
A great value option
Athletic Half Cushioned Crew Socks
Fit with any basketball shoes or sneakers
But socks are just socks, right? Can’t you just choose any old pair out of your drawer? Not really. There’s a reason why people wear socks specifically made for basketball play.
If you’ve never purchased basketball socks, you may not be sure what to look for or where to start. We’re going to share five great options with you. First, here are some tips on how to compare each pair of socks:
- Size: Naturally, you want to buy a pair of socks that fit you. Some pairs come in a one-size-fits all style, and that may be okay for you. But if you have particularly large or small feet, you may need to choose a pair that offer sizes. There are two pairs on our list that are one-size, and they fit men’s size 5-11 or women’s size 6-12.
- Material: Consider the sock’s material. Most modern pairs are a blend of various materials, with acrylic and cotton being the two most popular materials used. If certain materials are more or less comfortable for you, then pay close attention to the product description to learn more about the materials used.
- Buyer Feedback: It may sound silly to look for consumer reviews for a pair of socks. But if you’ve ever played basketball with a bad pair of socks on, you know how uncomfortable it can be. And you know that discomfort is distracting, which puts you off your game. Moral of the story? Check out reviews for the socks you’re considering. See what other people say about their experience.
The Best Men’s Basketball Socks Reviews for 2017
Nike Men’s Elite Basketball Crew – Nike is, arguably, the most recognizable brand in sports, so it’s no surprise that their basketball socks would find a place on our list. These crew socks come in a variety of sizes and colors, so you can find the right fit while showing off your personality.
Made with a 15% cotton blend, these classic striped basketball socks feature Dri-FIT fabric, which is moisture-wicking to keep sweat away.
Footstrike cushioning adds to the comfort of these socks by aligning with pressure patterns.
While the high-end status of these socks may put some off, they are a good choice. They absorb shock to prevent blisters, they keep your feet cool, and they’re exceptionally comfortable.
Athletic Half Cushioned Crew – If you’re on a budget, the Athletic half cushioned crew sock may be the right option for you. These socks are comfortable and offer a modern design.
Comfort is enhanced by the polyester/nylon fabric blend, which has moisture-wicking properties. Specifically, the fabric of these socks is an 80% acrylic/15% nylon/5% spandex blend. And the ventilating design promotes better air circulation to prevent growth of odor-causing bacteria.
The cushioned half cut design of these socks provides a secure fit and works well with any pair of basketball shoes. The arch compression helps keep the sock in place and conforms well to the foot.
These come in a one-size-fits-all design for men’s size 5-11 or women’s size 6-12.
ChalkTalk SPORTS Basketball Half Cushioned Crew – ChalkTalk’s SPORTS half cushioned crew basketball socks come in at around the same price as the previous socks, and are available in a wide range of colors.
Featuring the same 80% acrylic/15% nylon/5% spandex fabric blend, these moisture-wicking socks keep your feet dry while inhibiting the growth of odor-causing bacteria.
Like the previous socks, these are a one-size-fits-all design and feature arch compression for a snug fit. A tighter fit keeps the socks in place throughout the entire game.
The only real difference between these socks and the pair from Athletic is the design. These feature a basketball on the calf, whereas the previous socks feature a basketball player dunking the ball.
MadSportsStuff Basketball Logo Crew Socks – The MadSportsStuff basketball crew socks come in a huge range of colors and almost as many sizes. They’re comfortable, affordable, and designed to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
The 77% polypropylene/17% nylon/3% elastic/3% spandex fabric blend is moisture-wicking and inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacteria. The result is dry, healthy feet even after an intense, long game in the summer heat.
On top of moisture and odor control, these socks also offer arch compression for better support. The breathable mesh material and supportive design helps prevent blisters while offering cushioning where you need it most.
With so many colors and sizes to choose from, you’re sure to find a pair that fits you just right and matches your personality.
Nike Elite Basketball – The Nike Elite basketball sock also comes in a wide range of sizes and colors, and is very similar to the other Nike socks we reviewed earlier.
The fabric features a blend of 7% polyester, and the Dri-FIT technology helps keep your feet dry all throughout the game.
Midfoot compression offers support and helps prevent blisters. Cushioning on the lace pad, foot and ankle further add to the comfort of these socks.
While these are higher priced (just like the other Nike socks), they offer superior comfort, moisture-wicking and support. Not surprisingly, these are the socks of choice for school sports teams.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Basket Ball Socks for You
Shopping for socks is a no-brainer. You grab the cheapest pair you can buy, and be on your way. But when you play a sport like basketball, the socks you wear makes a big difference in your play style and comfort. The more uncomfortable your socks are, the more distracted you’ll be.
There are a couple of things you want to keep in mind when shopping for these types of socks:
- Compression and Support: Most basketball (or athletic) socks have compression and support features that enhance comfort while preventing blisters and other issues. In the very least, you want a pair of socks that offers arch compression to keep your feet comfortable and supported while you play.
- Snug Fit: Have you ever tried to play basketball with a regular pair of cotton socks? Chances are, you spent a lot of game time adjusting your falling, bunching socks. Socks that have a snugger fit, and those that offer arch support, stay put for longer periods of time. If you’re continuously digging into your shoes to fix your socks, consider buying a new pair with features that help keep them in place.
- Moisture Control: Most modern basketball socks use moisture-wicking materials to keep your feet dry and comfortable while you play. Many socks also feature materials that inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria.
- Price: The final consideration is the cost of the socks. While you won’t spend a fortune on even high-end socks, you will need to consider costs if you’re buying multiple pairs. Some of the socks on our list are firmly in the mid to high range but there are also some budget options. Determine how much you can spend before browsing through your choices.