How to Find the Best Exercise Trampoline On the Market
An exercise trampoline makes a great addition to any home gym – especially if you aren’t a big fan of conventional workouts. Offering a fun way to exercise, a personal trampoline can help you burn fat and calories all by jumping or bouncing.
Stamina 36-Inch Folding Trampoline
Our favorite for 2017
Upper Bounce Mini Foldable Fitness Trampoline
A great value option
MaXimus Pro Quarter Folding Mini Trampoline Includes DVD Bar Bag Bands Weights
Easy to assemble, small footprint and sturdy
Buying a trampoline is the easy part. Choosing the right model is a different story. How do you even begin to compare models? Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Quality: The quality of the exercise trampoline should be your top concern when comparing models. While not as high as a conventional trampoline, you can still injure yourself using one if the model is poorly built. Always look for models from trusted brands, with good ratings and built with good quality materials.
- Safety: There are two types of mini trampolines – ones that have stability bars, and ones that don’t. When it comes to safety, models with bars are the clear option. If you’re older or your balance isn’t great, you may want a model that comes with a handlebar.
- Maximum Weight Limit: Another important thing to consider is the weight limit of the trampoline. Many models can hold up to 300 pounds, but if you have a higher weight requirement, you may need to look for a specialized model.
Quality, safety and maximum weight are the three most important things to keep in mind when comparing exercise trampolines. To help make your decision easier, we’re going to share the top models on the market from quality brands.
The Top Fitness Trampoline Reviews for 2017
Stamina 36” Folding Trampoline – Stamina’s 36” rebounder is lightweight, easy to transport and delivers a great workout. Weighing just 14 pounds, this model is foldable and can support up to 250 pounds.
The all-steel frame adds to the overall durability of this trampoline. Attached to the frame are six removable legs with rubber tips for added stability and safety. The rugged jumping surface features a safety pad.
Each of the trampoline’s bands (there are 30 in total) are 2” wide for extra stability and durability.
If you’re short on space and want a quality, affordable mini trampoline that still gives a great workout, Stamina’s 36” model is a great option.
MaXimus Pro Quarter Mini Trampoline – The Pro Quarter trampoline from MaXimus offers a complete fitness package and extra accessories to really boost your workouts. Along with the trampoline itself, you also get a set of resistance bands, sand weights and a workout DVD.
The compilation DVD offers three workouts: beginner, intermediate and advanced. There’s also a challenging core workout available to take your exercise to the next level.
The resistance bands are specially designed to clip onto the trampoline itself, and the included sand weights can be used to help you build strength and muscle.
When you’re done with your workouts, you can simply fold the trampoline in half and store it away until next time.
If you’re looking for a complete package and a rebounder that will do more than give you a cardio workout, the MaXimus Pro Quarter trampoline is a great option.
JumpSport Model 250 – The Model 250 from JumpSport features a 39” diameter frame and quality construction thanks to the two-coat finish.
The Padded Petal mat adds to the overall durability and safety of this trampoline, and the EnduroLast 2 cord (30 in total) are rated for 1 million cycles. These cords also allow for a smoother, more cushioned bounce.
One nice thing about this model is that it’s built with FlexBounce III technology. With this technology, you’ll be able to adjust the tension or firmness of the bounce to match your personal preference and fitness level.
The arched legs add to the overall safety of this trampoline, and you also receive a workout DVD to help you get the most out of your rebounder.
If safety is your top concern, the Model 250 is a great option.
Upper Bounce Mini Foldable Trampoline – Upper Bounce ‘s mini foldable trampoline is a great option if you’re looking to take your workouts outdoors. The galvanized steel frame is rust-resistant and features a powder coating for added durability.
The 36” diameter frame gives you plenty of space to jump, while the springs connect in a way that enhances each and every bounce. The jumping mat is made of high quality PP mesh material, which reduces the chances of rips and tears.
Built with six rubber-tipped legs, this trampoline can support up to 220 pounds, and folds up for easy storage.
Easy to assemble, Upper Bounce’s trampoline is great for users who want an indoor/outdoor model.
JumpSport Exercise Handle Bar – The JumpSport handle bar doesn’t come with an actual trampoline, but it’s a must-have accessory for anyone who needs extra stability when bouncing. This handlebar only attaches to JumpSport 39” trampolines with arched legs.
Whether you’re recovering from an injury or simply struggle with coordination and balance, this bar can help you complete your workouts in a safe manner while also helping improve your overall fitness level.
This particular bar is not compatible with the JumpSport 200, 230f or the 500 series, but will work perfectly with other 39” arched-leg trampolines from the brand.
The bar itself is easy to install and remove. The legs are rubber tipped for added safety and to prevent damage to your flooring. The height of the bar can also be adjusted with the twist of a knob on each side.
If you’re looking to improve the safety and stability of your workouts, this bar is an essential accessory.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Trampoline for You
We shared some important things to keep in mind when comparing models earlier. Here are some other things to keep in mind when choosing a model:
- Size: Rebounders are pretty small as is, but you still want to make sure that the model you’re considering will fit in your home or workout space. Generally, you’ll find that most rebounders have a frame diameter of 39”, but some may be larger or smaller. Remember, smaller isn’t always better because you need to be able to bounce comfortably without risking falling off.
- Transportability: Most modern rebounders are easily transportable, so you can take your workouts wherever you want. Many models fold up and weigh no more than 15 pounds. A few of the models we listed also come with carrying cases for easy transport.
- Extra Accessories: Some mini trampolines come with extra accessories to enhance your workouts. These accessories may include resistance bands, workout DVDs or weights. If you’re looking to get a complete workout, you may want to go with one of these models that offers extra accessories. Just keep in mind that this typically adds to the overall price of the trampoline.
- Price: Finally, don’t forget to factor in the cost of the trampoline. While most models are highly affordable, those that come with extra accessories may cost a little more. Set a budget before you start shopping, and choose a model that meets your needs without costing more than you can comfortably afford.