What’s The Best Running Back Pack You Can Buy After 2015
The best running pack will be lightweight while also supplying ample space for all of your items while on the trail. When choosing between the packs that we’re going to review, you’ll want to keep the following in mind:
Osprey Daylite Backpack
Our favorite for 2017
Paladineer Hiking Backpack
A great value option
Sunhiker Hiking Backpack
A great backpack
- Compartments: How many compartments do you need? Some runners will want a front compartment which is great for carrying keys, but if you run near your home, you may find that a back compartment is all you need. And it’s a cheaper option in most cases.
- Adjustments: You need a backpack that easily adjusts. With quick and easy adjustments, you can ensure that the backpack you choose doesn’t move around or loosen when you’re out for a run.
- Water-holder: Hydration is essential for any runner or cyclist. A water-holding container is the ideal choice as this will allow you to keep your water bottle in an easily accessible location.
- Material: Waterproof material is a must, especially if you’re going to be carrying any electronics in your bag. Many of the bags listed are waterproof, and you’ll also benefit from mesh material that is breathable. Mesh will reduce heat and sweat when running as a result.
A backpack for jogging must take all of these points into consideration. If you’re a runner that goes for long distance runs, you’ll want a backpack that is able to hold your water, extra pair or running shoes and other essentials. You’ll also find many backpacks are multifunctional and can be used for camping, hiking, running and cycling.
Reviews of the Best Running Packs
Osprey Daylite Backpack – The Daylite by Osprey offers an impeccable design with tuck-away mesh shoulder straps as well as a handle for easy carrying. Made with a front pocket mesh organizer and multifunction inner sleeve, you’ll be able to carry your water bottle safely and securely when out for a run.
A large main compartment can carry clothes, sneakers and offers 750 cubic inches of space.
The front pocket offers a small zipper to keep items secure, and the lightweight design allows this sturdy, durable backpack to weigh just one pound – it won’t weigh you down on the trail. Osprey packs will fit on the Daylite, and the straps are adjustable to keep the pack fitted tight.
Paladineer Hiking Backpack Sport Bag – Perfect for hiking, jogging and cycling, this sport bag is made from nylon fabric to ensure it’s lightweight and water resistant. The large compartment features an attached hydration sleeve to carry your water bottle in a secure location.
The bag’s straps are made with air mesh for comfort and breathability while the straps are adjustable. This bag fits like a vest and weighs just one pound when empty. The waist belt features zippered pockets that allow for easy access, and they’re the perfect pockets to hold keys or money in.
If you have an active lifestyle, this is the right sport bag for your needs.
Sunhiker Sports Outdoor Cycling Backpack – The ideal choice for anyone that needs a little more room than what is offered with competing backpacks. The Sunhiker offers a high resin zipper and waterproof material. This is a great choice for biking, running and even camping – there is so much room available.
Mesh material is used on the shoulder straps, while the bag has a 25L capacity. There is a bear system structure to ensure proper balance during wear.
This bag weighs 1.65 pounds, but it features a larger holding capacity, better zippers and a compartment that is ideal for holding water bottles. While the inside may be too small for a laptop, it will fit your shoes, clothes and accessories for running and camping easily.
Naturehike Outdoor Backpack Climbing – Naturehike makes a durable, outdoor backpack meant for climbers, but is still perfect for cycling and running. The best part is that this bag comes with a compartment that is able to fit a helmet. A mesh pad is featured to reduce heat during wear, and the nylon material is waterproof.
A small front pocket allows for the storage of smaller items, like keys and phones.
High utilization rate allows for more overall storage, while the bag’s total dimensions are 50x33x18 inches. Comfortable and lightweight, this bag is the lightest on our list, weighing just 10.6 ounces, but it is also the smallest in terms of overall capacity.
Running and Cycling Backpack Aerolife – If you need to stay hydrated while running or cycling, this may be the best backpack on the list. What makes this backpack so unique is that it includes the free hydration bladder that comes right near your mouth, so you can continue running while drinking water at the same time.
Adjustable straps allow you to tighten the pack securely, while the exterior is water proof.
Breathable mesh is used on the back panel. The pack weighs under a pound, and it can be adjusted to fit larger men or smaller women with ease. The inside pack will hold a slew of extras as well. The front pouch is good for snacks.
There are reflective stripes on the front and reflective dots on the back to increase awareness in low-light situations.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose from All the Backpacks for Running On the Market and Get the Right One for You
You’ve seen the reviews, but you’re still undecided. Which one should you pick? Which one is right for you?
We’re going to be discussing a few of the most important features and criteria that you should be using when making your decision:
- Water Bladder: The one bag on our list contains a water bladder. You can add these to other bags, but this is a great choice for any long distance runners or cyclers. If you run marathons, this is a must-have because it leads to better overall hydration on-the-go.
- Type: There are backpacks that are traditional (those that go over the shoulder), and there are others that will have a belt in front to keep the pack in place. The belted options are more secure, and they also often contain zippered areas in the front where you can hold your keys and other items.
- Size: The size of the bag is very important. Smaller bags are lighter in weight, but if you want a bag that can also be used for recreation, you’ll want to make sure that the holding capacity is large enough for your needs.
- Price: Your budget will obviously play a role in what type of pack you can purchase. Thankfully, most of these packs are fairly close to each other in price, so you are looking at spending 10-15% more for a top-tier and bottom-tier bag.
Also, if you’re a person that runs at night, make sure the bag you choose has reflective tape on it to increase your visibility.