Let Us Help You Find the Best Trampoline to Buy
If you’re buying a trampoline for the kids, safety is your top priority. Thousands of kids wind up in the emergency room each year because of trampoline-related accidents. You don’t want your child to be another statistic.
Skywalker Trampolines 15-Foot Round Trampoline and Enclosure with Spring Pad
Our favorite for 2017
Skywalker Trampolines 48 In. Round Zoo Adventure Bouncer with Enclosure
A great value option
Super Jumper Combo Trampoline
Heavy-duty with a 330 lb. weight capacity
Trampoline safety nets help prevent accidents and injuries by keeping kids on the trampoline’s jumping pad. Many modern models now come with safety enclosures, but how can you determine which trampoline and safety net is right for your family? Here are some things to consider when comparing models:
- Size: The size of the trampoline is important. Not only do you have to consider the size of your yard, but you also have to think about the age of your children and how many will be using the trampoline at one time. Opt for a model that will fit in your outdoor space while also giving enough room to accommodate everyone. Most models come in a variety of sizes ranging from 10 feet to 16 feet. Also, keep in mind that some models are only recommended for use with one person at a time.
- Quality: Consider the quality of the trampoline. What is the frame made out of? How is the enclosure attached? What material is the netting made of? When your children are bouncing around, you want to make sure the trampoline won’t suddenly collapse or fall apart.
- User Feedback: Take a look at user reviews and ratings to see whether the trampoline is worth buying. Look at both the positive and negative reviews to gauge what people like and don’t like about the model you’re considering.
We know how difficult it can be to choose a trampoline for your family. We’re going to share five of the top models on the market to help make your decision easier.
Our Favorite Trampolines with Enclosures
Skywalker 15’ Round Trampoline with Enclosure – Skywalker is one of the top brands in the home trampoline industry, and their 15’ round model is one of their best sellers. This is a brand that understands the importance of safety, and that’s evident in the design of this model.
The heavy-duty frame is constructed with heavy-gauge galvanized steel, which is rust-resistant. There are six W-shaped legs in total, which add to the overall stability of this model. Reinforced T-sockets help keep the trampoline guard securely in place and prevents twisting.
The enclosure stays in place using a button-hole system, which attaches the enclosure netting to the jumping mat at every V-ring. This design helps eliminate gaps between the enclosure and the jumping mat.
With a 200-pound weight capacity, more than one child can jump on this trampoline.
Skywalker 12’ Jump N’ Dunk – The Skywalker Jump N’ Dunk takes trampolining to a whole new level by including a basketball hoop and a safety enclosure.
Like other Skywalker trampolines, this model features a rust-resistant galvanized steel frame and T-sockets to keep the enclosure in place and prevent twisting. With 72, 5.5” springs in total, this trampoline delivers a great bounce.
The no-gap enclosure system prevents injuries, while the UV-resistant spring pad provides a comfortable and safe place for kids to climb onto and off of the trampoline.
A basketball hoop is included with this model, and it easily attaches to a rope that runs between two enclosure poles. The hoop features a breakaway rim for added safety.
If you’re looking to get more out of your trampoline, the Jump N’ Dunk is a great model.
Skywalker 48” Round Bouncer with Safety Net – The 48” round bouncer from Skywalker is a great model for young children, and is best suited for one jumper. Skywalker recommends this model for kids aged 3-7 and has a maximum weight capacity of 100 pounds.
The 48” bouncer also has a no-gap enclosure, which allows for easy and safe attachment of the safety net to the jumping mat. The enclosure frame is padded and features a 360 degree handle to provide kids with extra support and stability when jumping.
This model uses bands instead of springs, which creates a gentle but fun bounce for kids.
If you’re looking for a toddler-friendly trampoline, this model is the right choice for you.
Super Jumper Combo Trampoline – The Super Jumper Combo trampoline is available in five sizes (4.5’, 6’, 10’, 14’ and 16’), but the 14’ option is the most popular. Featuring a durable safety net, this trampoline has a high weight limit of 330 pounds – so mom and dad can jump, too.
The frame is made of galvanized steel, which is rust-resistant, for added durability and stability. The UV-coated mat prevents sun damage, while the safety pad is designed to cover the springs and offer extra padding.
The enclosure is made of durable mesh netting, which prevents little fingers and toes from getting caught. The zippered door also makes it easy to get into and out of the trampoline.
For parents who want an easy-to-install trampoline, this model is the right choice. The included spring and installation tools eliminate the need for drilling during assembly.
Ultega Jumper with Safety Net – Ultega is another well-respected brand in the industry, and their trampolines are known for their quality. German-engineered, this 14’ trampoline is durable, and designed with safety in mind.
It all starts with the galvanized steel frame, which is resistant to rusting and prevents the trampoline from tipping over. The heavy-duty frame can support up to 200 pounds, so more than one child can jump at a time.
Eight padded poles are included to keep the safety net safely and securely in place during use. The mat attaches to the frame by 88 springs, which deliver a nice bounce.
The safety net surrounds the jumping area for added safety.
For parents who want a top quality trampoline, the Ultega Jumper is a great choice.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Trampoline with A Safety Enclosure for You
Buying a trampoline isn’t quite as simple as walking into the store and picking the first model you see. When your child’s safety is on the line, you want to make sure you buy the best possible model you can afford. To find the right trampoline for your family, keep these things in mind:
- Frame: The construction of the frame is an important consideration. What material is the frame made of? What shape are the legs of the frame? Galvanized steel is best because it’s rust-resistant. Most frame legs are either W-shaped or U-shaped to provide added stability and support. Also, T-sockets help prevent twisting and keep enclosures in place.
- Number of Springs: It’s also important to consider the number of springs the trampoline offers. Springs affect the quality of the bounce and the height of the jump. The more springs, the better the bounce.
- Enclosure Design: The design of the enclosure will have a direct effect on its safety and durability. Skywalker’s enclosure design is preferred because it eliminates gaps between the jumping surface and the enclosure. Gaps allow room for little fingers and toes to get caught.
- Weight Limit: The maximum weight limit should be a consideration, especially if more than one child will be jumping at a time. Many of the models above have higher weight limits, but the one designed for toddlers is only meant for one jumper at a time.
- Price: Trampolines vary greatly in cost depending on size and quality. It’s important to set a budget and find a model that offers the best quality in your price range. It’s often best not to choose a model based on price alone, as you may wind up with a subpar model or one that has more features than you need.